Remote Learning with SeeSaw
Seesaw is an online learning platform that you and your child can easily access at home using a laptop computer, tablet or smartphone.
The app is called SeeSaw and your child’s teacher will send learning activities for your child to complete at home. Your child’s teacher will set weekly homework on Seesaw. In the event of your child having to self-isolate either individually or as part of a class bubble then all home learning will also be set on Seesaw. Your child will be able to upload work and their teachers will provide feedback.
You will also have an opportunity to see what work your child’s teacher has set and the work that your child has completed. Please use this opportunity to support your child in their online learning journey.
Remote Learning Plan (Jan 2021)
Download Guidance for using SeeSaw
Staying safe online
For advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online: www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Support activities to complete at home: www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/support-tools/home-activity-worksheets
Advice for children:
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
- Never give out your passwords.
- Don’t befriend/make friends with people you don’t know.
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
- Think carefully about what you say before you post something online.
- Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude.
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Further Advice for parents: